Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay is a members only boat club that has grown to over 30 locations in the greater Tampa Bay region. Cyberlicious® began working with Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay in July of 2018 when they had just announced the opening of their 19th location.
Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay
Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay was looking for a data driven solution to increase leads for their sales team. They had a steady flow of leads coming in each year, however they were not able to identify which marketing channel or strategy was the driver for closed memberships. They were using the same vanity phone number on all of their marketing and advertising campaigns and needed help identifying how people heard about their club.
Expand Local Reach & Attract New Members in New Markets
The Freedom team was looking to grow their franchise and expand into new locations and markets. The internal marketing team had just rolled out a new CRM and wanted to ensure they were tracking each touch point they had with new leads and potential members. Their goal was to ensure that their sales and marketing teams were in close communication to identify member interest and guide their growth strategy for the club.
Measure, Analyze, Strategize, Succeed
The first step in our process was to conduct an in depth technical marketing and SEO Audit of their online presence and websites. The audit findings uncovered key issues including: multiple domains for the same brand, page speed issues, high bounce rates, low click thru rates, low conversion rates, keyword cannibalization, duplicate content, and many other technical issues that negatively impacted the brands digital reach.
New Website Design, Analytical Tracking, Local SEO, Advertising Campaigns
It was determined that a single domain “www.freedomboatclubtampabay.com” was needed to create brand unity. Additionally, a new and improved web design with a strategic information architecture and layout was created. The new layout showcasing “Your Boats, Your Locations, Your Experience” was designed to take web visitors on a guided journey about how the club works and why they should sign up. This predictable experience took visitors on a path that ended with a lead capture form to request more information.
Once the new website design launched, our team then integrated Freedom Boat Club’s new CRM, our Call Tracking System and Google Analytics in order to provide Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay with the data and insights they needed to grow and scale.
We then implemented our local and universal SEO strategies to improve organic reach and drive traffic to the new domain. Up next, we engaged paid advertising campaigns on the Google Search and Display networks to increase brand visibility and reach within the St Petersburg-Tampa Bay Nielsen Designated Marketing Areas. Our content team worked diligently to craft digital creative including: SEO copy, images, video, and photography to attract and engage new visitors that were actively searching for boat clubs in our target areas.
The results of the Cyberlicious® Local SEO and Google Ads Campaigns were incredible. Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay was able to break sales records 4 months in a row with a 13:1 lead to close ratio. The number of new members grew at such a fast pace that Freedom Boat Club was able to expand from 19 locations to 28 by October of 2019.
Local SEO and Google Ads Campaign Results
- 1,962 Unique Website Visitors
- 55 Contact Form Submissions
- 2 Phone Calls Generated
- 17,031 Organic Impressions with 1,489 Organic Clicks and a 8.74% CTR
- 1,083 Paid Impressions with 112 Paid Clicks and a 10.34% CTR
- $0.75 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $84.02
- 2,907 Unique Website Visitors
- 208 Contact Form Submissions
- 36 Phone Calls Generated
- 32,214 Organic Impressions with 2,325 Organic Clicks and a 7.22% CTR
- 1,019 Paid Impressions with 95 Paid Clicks and a 9.32% CTR
- $1.18 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $112.44
- 3,480 Unique Website Visitors
- 243 Contact Form Submissions
- 38 Phone Calls Generated
- 67,520 Organic Impressions with 1,312 organic clicks and a 1.94% CTR
- 3,274 Paid Impressions with 404 Paid Clicks and a 12.34% CTR
- $0.98 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $397.47
- 4,035 Unique Website Visitors
- 276 Contact Form Submissions
- 44 Phone Calls Generated
- 83,808 Organic Impressions with 677 organic clicks and a 0.81% CTR
- 3,103 Paid Impressions with 382 Paid Clicks and a 12.31% CTR
- $0.99 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $378.90
- 3,789 Unique Website Visitors
- 244 Contact Form Submissions
- 45 Phone Calls Generated
- 72,848 Organic Impressions with 636 organic clicks and a 0.87% CTR
- 2,640 Paid Impressions with 366 Paid Clicks and a 13.86% CTR
- $1.13 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $414.65
- 3,500 Unique Website Visitors
- 156 Contact Form Submissions
- 46 Phone Calls Generated
- 57,321 Organic Impressions with 441 Organic Clicks and a 0.77% CTR
- 2,574 Paid Impressions with 342 Paid Clicks and a 13.29% CTR
- $1.16 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $396.86
- 2,423 Unique Website Visitors
- 96 Contact Form Submissions
- 42 Phone Calls Generated
- 31,911 Organic Impressions with 255 Organic Clicks and a 0.80% CTR
- 2,050 Paid Impressions with 219 paid clicks and a 10.68% CTR
- $1.25 Avg. CPC with a Total Ad Spend of $273.45
Now That’s Cyberlicious®
86% of our leads come to us through the web. People see us on TV, in print, online; or, they hear us on the radio, from a friend or current member; and then they research us. They google “Freedom Boat Club” and they end up on Corporate’s website where they fill out a contact form and we get the information. I knew we had to figure out the “digital jungle” if we going to be able to get the quality leads needed to sustain the growth curve we are on.
I hired 3 companies and thought I would see how they did. Well, Cyberlicious not only built us a new website, they took time to explain the value of connecting the analytics to every marketing campaign we run with really extraordinary results. In the month of May we have received 391 leads from their strategy and efforts. The other guys? 13. The 3rd company gave us lots of Facebook leads but no one joined the club. [Leads] were only “in it to win it” as it was based on a giveaway. I guess it matters who you choose as your guide through the digital jungle.
And I feel like we’re just scratching the surface. That’s a nice feeling to have and I easily envision a day where there will be a constant flow of leads to all of our 26 locations directed by our digital partners at Cyberlicious. If we need more leads in Southshore, we’ll increase the ad buy there; if we need more in Crystal River, we can focus there.
Besides their skill and expertise, Ben and Sarah are two of the nicest people to work with that you’ll find. It’s been a pleasure to work with them and their team.– Keith Marsh, Sales & Marketing Director | Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay
Are you Ready to Work with the Best?
From start ups to established brands, the Cyberlicious® team knows the importance of data. Let our experts help you make the connections between marketing and sales and launch your business to success!