Much of the focus of marketing has been on social media and blogs for the last few years. However, the channel that companies rate as the most powerful for ROI is email.
- Just How Powerful is Email Marketing Statistically?
- Diverse Strengths of Email Marketing
- Four Top Tips for Success
- Capitalizing on the Power of Email Marketing
Email can be a valuable way to market your business, and the extent to which that’s the case is somewhat incredible. Email campaigns bring in the same amount of money as every other category of online marketing, according to a 2015 poll of American marketing executives.
One in four business leaders (23%) reported that email generated more than 25% of revenue at their business. One in four (23%) also said that display ads, social media, and their sites were responsible for over 25% of incoming cash.
Some studies have shown that email is gradually becoming less effective for e-tailers in the US and Canada, but marketers still consider it one of the best tools at their disposal. “Econsultancy found in February that email marketing was rated effective by more agency marketers than any other channel,” notes eMarketer. “Among client-side marketers, organic search was rated higher, but email was still the No. 2 channel, with 66% support.”
Developing a fine-tuned email campaign isn’t just about building your bottom line, though. It also:
- Allows you to maintain a connection with target users, regardless if they have bought anything from you
- Creates additional touch points with inbound traffic
- Builds trust and establishes rapport with your audience
- Enables you to deliver automated messages to various customer types
- Saves you money by reducing the expense of remarketing.
As with anything, understanding the value of an email is only the first step in implementing your plan effectively. Include these four top tips to increase focus on your efforts:
- Make sure that you get the name of your potential customer. That way you can personalize email, and personalization is critical to business – with one in three marketers calling it the most fundamental capability for success.
- Use email to remarket to potential customers, as with a 10% coupon code for abandoned shopping carts.
- Auto respond with a lineup of emails that automagically replies according to the inputs you establish.
- Use URL tracking to your advantage, allowing you to better understand email engagement through analytic reporting.
Could your business benefit from a more sophisticated email strategy? At Cyberlicious®, our email marketing services will help you stay connected with your customers, even when you cannot.